Tetra Tech has selected Correctional Management and Communications Group (CMCG) as a small business subcontractor for its United States Department of State Criminal Justice Program Support (CJPS) Contract. The purpose of the CJPS is to establish and maintain rule of law programs in countries that are emerging from internal or external strife.
CMCG is currently recruiting local, state and federal corrections sector professionals to serve on the U.S. Department of State/INL international CJPS missions in Afghanistan, Haiti, Iraq, Kosovo, Lebanon, Liberia, Sudan, and the West Bank. Missions may be short or long-term in duration and may require rapid mobilization. All positions are contingent upon individual Task Order (TO) awards. All long-term positions are subject to a firm, one-year commitment.
Corrections Advisors will provide a broad range of advice and technical assistance on corrections assistance issues.
Applicants should possess experience in prison operations, probation and parole systems, corrections administration and human resources, training, security threat groups, facilities management, classification and records, prisoner programs, prisoner transportation, emergency response, strategic planning, corrections logistics, medical services, or community corrections.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- U.S. citizenship
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Corrections Officer in a local, state or federal corrections system or related site
- High School or equivalent
- Must be able to pass a required background investigation
- Must either possess a current U.S. passport or have the ability to obtain one prior to deployment
- Experience in a multicultural environment
- Security clearances and drug screening
Preferred Job Requirement:
- Ability to perform key responsibilities under conditions which may include: limited supervision and resources, personal security risks, conflicting and changing priorities, primitive life support (lodging, food, and HVAC), language barriers, transportation limitations, disease, etc.
- Must be able to pass and maintain the physical fitness, psychological, medical, defense tactics, and fire arms qualification requirements set forth by the contract.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages is desirable but not required: Arabic, Kurdish, Albanian, Turkish, French/Creole, Spanish, Pashto, Farsi, Dari
- Certified training experience
For additional information you may call Flora Brooks Boyd at (803) 312-5199 or to submit your resume for this job, click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
Email this job to a friend!